Does the presence of your dog cause you to sneeze unmercifully? Do your eyes fill with tears of misery instead of tears of joy when your canine companion wants to be close? Many of us who love animals find that we can’t even pet them without having severe allergic reactions. Miserable allergies prevent us from sharing our lives with the four-legged friends we adore.
Pet allergies can cause watery eyes, nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, scratchy, sore throat, coughing, wheezing, and even hives. To keep you responding to your dog instead of reacting to him, try some of these suggestions.1. Restrict the areas in your home to which your dog has access.
2. Wash your bedding weekly.
3. Make sure you have your allergy shots and take any medication your doctor advises.
4. Purchase a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter to remove allergens from your home.
5. Eliminate carpets, draperies, and stuffed furniture from the bedroom to keep your pillows, mattress, and bedding allergen free. Treat carpet and upholstered furniture in other rooms with an anti-allergen dust spray.
6. Use allergen-proof vacuum cleaner bags.
More dog allergies advice here.